[x_section style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 45px 0px 45px 0px; “][x_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” bg_color=”” style=”margin: 0px auto 0px auto; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_column bg_color=”” type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_text]Job Description
Title: Art Director
Reports to: Board of Directors; Project Leads as Needed.
Location: SHG HQ – 12 Ferguson St. North, Hamilton.
Job Type: 12 Month contract with possible extension.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week minimum.
Education: Art & Graphic Design, ideally with Game Focus.
Experience: 5 Years professional experience in game art & graphics; at least 2 years of experience at a successful mobile/RPG game studio.
Key Skills: Game Art & Graphic Design; ADD creation; Team Lead; Diplomacy and people skills.
SHG Studios (www.shgstudios.com) is the current Small Business of the Year in Hamilton, Ontario, and creator/manager of multiple million dollar games. The studio continues to grow. We have recently been successfully financed by the Canadian Media Fund to create a next-generation collectable card game. In contrast to our existing portfolio this is an art heavy game and we require a skilled Art Director for the job. We are looking for an experienced Art Director or Senior Game Artist ready to make the jump.
Your Personality and Interests
You generally should enjoy video games, and have a solid knowledge of the artistic trends and success stories in the mobile/PC market place. You are team and solution focused, not ego driven and so will enjoy SHG’s friendly culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Duty/Key Task: Create a unified vision for our next-gen game.
- Excellent artistic and relevant technical skills (including concept art, illustration, UI design).
- Expertise in 2D/3D graphic production tools. Knowledge of rendering engines is an asset.
- Expertise in the technical capabilities of the main engines (specifically Unity), on the market.
- Knowledge of Android, iOS and Steam platforms is an asset.
- Able to adapt to new management/data tracking systems (SVN Tortoise, Perforce, etc.).
- Team Management.
- Lead creation of the Art Design Documents, based on industry research, graphic insights, team skills, and experience.
- Lead from the front.
- Create a culture of industry best practice around graphics and art.
- Other duties as required. Travel to events, conferences and conventions may be required.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter.
- Digital Portfolio showcasing relevant artistic skills.
- Blog, websites and online albums, video are acceptable.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. An art test may be required. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Please send resume & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org[/x_text][/x_column][/x_row][/x_section]