NOTE: THE ROLE HAS SINCE BEEN FILLED. STAFFER HAS BEEN HIRED WITH AN INTRO POST COMING.
SHG Studios continues to grow!
The 2015 Hamilton Small Business of the Year is looking for an Office Manager ( Office Manager – SHG – Download PDF ).
We need someone to take on the running of the physical studio, as well as some bookkeeping and other tasks. Read the job description if you’re interested.
We’re located at 12 Ferguson North in Hamilton, easy walking distance from public transport, and just a few feet from King Street.
Office Manager Job Description
Title: Office Manager.
Reports to: Company Management.
Location: 12 Ferguson Ave. N., Hamilton, Ontario.
Job Type: Full-time Salaried Employee.
Hours: Minimum 37.5 hours per week, plus lunch. Core office hours with flex-time.
Education: Business Administration, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Grant Writing, or Production.
Experience: A year of professional experience in bookkeeping, business administration, or accounting; ideally at least 2 years of experience in an Ontario film or video game studio.
SHG Studios (www.shgstudios.com) is the current Small Business of the Year in Hamilton, Ontario, winner of many other awards, and creator/manager of multiple million-dollar browser games. We’re looking to do the same in mobile, and have some well-funded and awesome projects in the pipeline. We are looking for someone to help with day-to-day management of the office.
The Office Manager is responsible for keeping the office and business functioning efficiently so the company can produce great games. Reporting to the Directors, the Office Manager has the following roles:
• Bookkeeping (25%): Fully manage all aspects of bookkeeping for the company. This includes entry of all expenses into QuickBooks, generation of reports, and some budgets.
• Government (25%): Support Directors in creating new grant applications, and perform administrative duties for existing programs; ensure studio is in compliance with governmental and other requirements.
• Office (10%): Liaise with landlord regarding maintenance, manage studio furnishings & consumables, manage alarms, recycling etc.
• Document System Management (10%): Organize, and manage our cloud based document systems (Google Drive, iDrive, etc.)
• HR Admin (10%): Create and manage the HR resume portfolio and contractor pool, shortlist candidates,and prepare paperwork.
• Other Projects (20%): This depends on the skills you bring (see Beneficial Knowledge Below), the needs at the time, and what you enjoy doing.
Mainly we ask for good humans who can do the job well, in that order.
• Trust; we need to believe you will do the job, and do it well.
• Good team player: we expect you to fit into our productive, fun, safe workspace.
• Demonstrated knowledge of QuickBooks (or similar), plus Excel for reports & budgets.
• Knowledge or Capacity to learn: JIRA, Flapps plus other timesheet / PM tools.
• Bookkeeping, accounting or other relevant designation (Industry Experience would be considered for the right candidate).
• Create good working relationships with everyone involved.
• Be able to manage people, time and resources.
• Be an effective communicator verbally, and with financial reports. Strong report writing.
Not required, but helpful if you have one or more of these attributes
• Game or Film Industry Tax Credits: Leverage more government supports.
• Grant Writing: Support team writing government grants.
• Project Production Management: Help organize production.
• Fluent in additional languages: Help localize a game for us.
• Event Management: Organize the parties.
• In-depth knowledge of one of our player segments: Target the games better.
• Some other skill you feel can add value to the firm.
Benefits to You
Last, but certainly not least!
• Salary: Salary commiserate with the value you bring to SHG.
• Flexibility: There is an option for core hours with 9:30 am start or 2:30pm departure.
• Fun: We have a legitimately cool team who actually enjoys each others’ company.
• Creativity: This is not a normal job; you will help create cool things!
• Lack of Crazy Overtime: We aim not to have “crunch time”. 9 to 5 suits us fine.
SHG Studios will review all resumes submitted to email@example.com, but will only reply to those selected for an interview.