Title: Admin Manager.
Reports to: CEO.
Location: The SHG office is at CoMotion in Hamilton (115 King St E). All staff are currently working remotely. When it is safe to do so, this position will be expected to work from theCoMotion office up to 50% of the time.
Job Type: 6 month salaried contract with possibility of renewal.
Hours: Flexible based on the right candidate (20 minimum, up to 37.5 h/week).
Wage: $20-22/h based on employee experience. Standard vacation. No other benefits.
Experience: 2-5 Years professional experience in bookkeeping; ideally at least 1 year of experience in an Ontario film or video game studio.
SHG Studios (www.shgstudios.com) is a small game studio with a small team of 8 part-time and full-time staff. We build and administer successful social text-based RPGs. People come for the games, and stay for the community. And while our games are income-generating, we also receive significant funding from government development programs, so our books must be spotlessly accurate and our reports timely.
Job Summary: The Admin Manager is responsible for Quickbooks and Payroll, and as time allows keeping the business functioning efficiently. Reporting to the CEO, the Admin Manager has the following responsibilities. If Part Time, your time allocation may be this:
- Bookkeeping (10-15h/wk): Fully manage all aspects of bookkeeping for the company. This includes: entry of all expenses into QuickBooks. Generation of reports.
- HR Admin (1-2h/wk): Payroll. Ensure staff timesheets match Quickbooks. Create job contracts for staff.
If Full Time, also:
- Government (5h/wk): Support Directors in creating new grant applications. Manage Admin of existing programs including reporting. Ensure the studio is in compliance with governmental and other requirements.
- Document System Management (2-5h/wk): Organise, and Manage our cloud based document systems (Google Drive mainly).
- Other Projects (Remainder): This depends on the skills you bring (see BeneficialKnowledge Below), the needs at the time, and what you enjoy doing. Includes: Organise Social events. Manage the HR resume portfolio and contractor pool. Shortlist candidates.
- Good team player; we expect you to fit into our friendly, productive, fun team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quickbooks (or similar), plus Excel for reporting.
- Knowledge or capacity to learn: JIRA & timesheet / PM tools.
- Bookkeeping, accounting or other relevant designation (Industry Experience would be considered for the right candidate).
- Report preparation, and especially written communication.
- Game or Film Industry Tax Credits: Leverage government supports.
- Project Production Management: Help organise production.
- Fluent in additional languages: Help localise a game for us; especially in French!
- Event Management: Organise the parties. (Yes, we will have parties again someday!)
- In-depth knowledge of one of our player segments: Target the games better.
- Some other skill you feel can add value to the firm.
SHG Studios is an inclusive, flexible employer open to accommodations. If you have the personality (friendly, honest) plus skills (bookkeeping, admin) and location (Hamilton area) then please apply; together we can figure out the rest!
We will review all resumes submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, but will only reply to those selected for an interview. Thank you!